Yes, Dorian’s personal quest is bugged. Quite significantly bugged — you may never get it at all. With as few spoilers as possible, here is how you’re supposed to get it:
- Some time after reaching Skyhold and after speaking to Dorian, Dorian will get a letter talking about Felix.
- Following this letter, you will run into Mother Giselle who will give you an altogether different letter.
- The quest will progress once you go to Redcliffe with Dorian.
There are two ways that this can bug out:
- You can not receive this quest at all.
- You can go to Redcliffe’s bar and it will be empty.
For the latter issue, you can usually fix it by zoning in and out or saving and then restoring. The first issue, however, is a little harder. No one yet has pinned down exactly why it happens, but you can try to avoid it by the following:
- Talk to Dorian as often as you can at Skyhold between getting his approval up. In other words, every time you say, kill a venatori, return to Skyhold and talk to him. The bug might be not firing once you get his approval up too high.
- Talk to Dorian in between story missions. The bug may also be that it is not firing because you miss a certain window of time.
How can you tell you have this bug? If you don’t get the letter about Felix before the second to last story mission, you’re essentially screwed. You need to get the letter about Felix before you can do the personal quest.