One of the first quests you’ll get in Jaws of Hakkon is to impress the Avvar hold — somewhat like the Dalish quest in the Exalted Plains. To impress the Avvar, you’ll need to earn five points in total. You’ll gain these points by progressing quests throughout the area, so it’s actually something that you’ll probably complete throughout the course of the plot.
Collect the Skulls in Frostback Basin (2 points)
- If you’re following along the main plot, the Avvar will eventually ask you to locate their bear… god… thing.
- You will be led to a cave. Around this cave will be five skulls.
- Collect these skulls. (If you can’t find the last one, look up; you have to climb a tree trunk to reach it.)
- Go back and ask the Augur in the Avvar hold about the skulls and he will ask you to view his veilfire runes.
- The veilfire is located in his hut; the runes are located where the woman who prepares bodies is standing.
- Go back to the augur and report your findings.
Find Runa’s Cousin (1 point)
- Go to the fisherman’s area, where you may have already borrowed a boat.
- There will be a woman standing there looking for her cousin.
- Talk to her and then follow the “climbing signs” that you’re directed to.
- Eventually there will be a brief fight and you will find the cousin.
- Tell the cousin to return.
Hakkon’s Trials (1 point)
- In front of the Arena, you can talk to the Arena master about the battles.
- He will give you a schematic that you need to build at a requisition table.
- Build this schematic as an offering and then talk to him.
- You can now fight in the arena. There are three (easy) fights.
Complete “In Exile” (1 point)
- There is a woman you will discover in a hut to the west, along the mountain ridge.
- She will mention she has been exiled when you talk to her.
- Talk to the augur about her and you’ll discover that she failed to complete a ritual.
- Follow the quest marker to the ritual area. Search for three clues.
- Once you’ve found the clues, return to the woman.
- You can recruit her or return her to the augur; companions will either approve or disapprove depending on your choice.
Send Skywatcher to Visit the Hold (1 point)
- If you recruited Skywatcher during the Fallow Mire quest, you can send him to the hold in a war table mission.
- This is basically a “freebie” point (if you don’t want to do any of the above quests, you can do this instead).